Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lost Valentinos - Album Launch 14/8/2009



Roxanne
Fun place; has a nicely intimate stage. On this particular night they were selling Melbourne Bitter longnecks for a reasonable $10 and in a possibly deceptive move on the venue's part I was consequently unable to recognise other key venue quality indicators.

Last Dinosaurs
This four piece from brisbane sounded heavily influenced by phoenix. Which wasn't such a bad thing as we missed them on their recent Ausie tour. Kind of happy and pretty average sounding in general. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again but I wouldn't try to not see them again.

Ghostwood
I have to say they were the highlight of the night for me; their well executed noise interludes stood out of the slightly psychedelic shoegaze. Awesome name as well, apparently they used to be called ghosts *shit name* glad they had a change of heart! I'll look out for these guys.

Lost Valentinos
I liked the show and I was lucky enough to be really close to the stage for the main act but
to be perfectly honest, by this stage the longnecks had thoroughly taken their toll on my consciousness and I currently can't remember a thing about their performance. Jim assures me it was great, so I can't wait to see them...again?

No comments:

Post a Comment