Monday, May 4, 2009

April Overview (PAT)

I have been a bit slack lately, I am seriously slipping! So much so, I deemed March as unecessary to blog about as I saw so little in comparison with previous months. Anyway, I'll get there - let's continue with the usual overview banter, come on!

Top Gigs
THE DRONES
ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA
BOOTLEG @ CHERRY BAR


Outstanding Performances
KEV CARMODY
THE GOOD CHINA
JAMES HAMPTON

Best Venue
This is a bit of a tough one this month....
THE PALAIS? limiting booze areas but boasts fantastic sound and great atmosphere. I usually like revolver but it didn't quite do it for me this time around.

Top Bands (musically)
ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA - even if he didn't write it he still had the best catalog to work with
THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS
M83

AWARDS:
Minds Eye Award
I should just change the name of this award to the 'TFVK award"....
THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS

Biggest FAIL
THE D0 - We didn't even see them because when they were supposed to be supporting M83, they agreed to switching stage times with them for a reason unknow to us. Who wants to see the support after the main event? it's like all those races after the Melbourne Cup has been run...nobody cares - Bad move!

No comments:

Post a Comment